Secure Your Hybrid Cloud
Security designed for your hybrid infrastructure
Is Security stopping you from adopting a Cloud strategy?
- 45 percent of IT security professionals say that deploying effective security is their top barrier to cloud adoption
- 22 percent fear that cloud migrations are falling short on security
Make the Hybrid Cloud Secure!
Today, CIOs are increasingly assured that a cloud-first strategy is the way to go. Even Gartner confirms that 28 percent of spending within key enterprise IT markets will shift to the cloud by 2022, up from 19 percent during 2018.
Even though the adoption to cloud has increased manifold, so have the challenges in regards to cloud security in the hybrid environment. There are a lot of myths and facts around cloud adoption and security seems to be a concern across industries and verticals.
Your Data Center today has transformed to a hybrid environment, with a growing dependence on cloud technology. But managing these environments is a challenge. Differences between your on-premises and public cloud environments make it tough to gain visibility and apply consistent security controls. To enable the benefits of extending your infrastructure to the cloud, security needs to span both environments as hybrid cloud security.
Why choose hybrid cloud for enhanced security?
Hybrid clouds enables enterprises to choose where to place their workloads and data based on compliance, regulations, or security guidelines they need to follow.
While the various environments that make up a hybrid cloud remain unique and separate entities, migrating between them is enabled by containers or APIs that help transmit resources and workloads. This separate—yet connected—architecture is what allows enterprises to run critical workloads in the private cloud and less sensitive workloads in the public cloud. It’s an arrangement that minimizes data exposure and allows enterprises to customize a flexible IT portfolio.
The Three Key Tenets to Hybrid Cloud Security :
- Have an Upfront Security Strategy : Having a well thought out and elaborate Security Strategy right at the onset is crucial to getting your Cloud strategy succeed. Do not depend on continuing to use your on-prem Security Solutions while migrating to the cloud as it will slow down cloud deployments. Rely heavily after extensive research on the right Security solutions for your business that are built for the cloud.
- Ensure you’re compliant : Cloud deployments shift your risk profile and could affect your ability to meet various regulations.With a hybrid cloud environment, achieving compliance presents unique challenges where it’s essential that security policies are followed, in addition to having visibility and reporting into both the cloud and on-premises servers.Know how to check your distributed environments to make sure that they are compliant; how to implement custom or regulatory security baselines; and how to prepare for security audits.
- Secure Your Data : Limit data exposure for your organization through encryption. The same data will be either in transit or at rest at different moments in time. You need a variety of security to limit data exposure during either of these states.Extend the same security controls and policies you have for physical servers to virtualized environments and private and public cloud deployments.Top Security areas to focus on for your hybrid environment are data protection, Identify and access, cloud network security, threat management, application security, visibility and intelligence.
Cymune Hybrid Cloud Capabilities:
- Easily scale your security as you evolve or consider adding new cloud providers
- Secure your network, storage, and compute environments from advanced threats
- Get security that’s optimized for virtual environments and hybrid deployments
- Obtain visibility so that you can protect your data, no matter where it resides
- Keep operational costs down and do more with fewer resources