DLP as a Service
Data loss prevention is something that organizations cannot take a chance. Data being accessed from anywhere and from any device is being a problem for the organization's employees may unknowingly expose the critical information to the hackers. In this case, an effective DLP model is very much needed for organizations to secure their data against intruders.
Data loss prevention (DLP) is a combination of processes and tools that are used to make sure that the organization's sensitive data is not lost or misused or accessed by unauthorized users. DLP helps organizations to categorize business-critical, confidential and regulated data and recognizes the policy violations which are defined by the security teams it also identifies the violations of regulatory compliances such as HIPAA, PCI-DSS, or GDPR. After identifying these violations, DLP carries out remediation by sending alerts, performing encryption, and various protective measures to stop end users from unintentionally or meanly sharing data that could push the organization at risk. Data loss prevention tools and software filter data streams on business networks, monitor and control endpoint activities, and also monitor data stored in the cloud, so as to protect data at rest, in motion, and in use. With DLP security teams can easily pull the reporting that is needed to meet the compliance and auditing requirements and helps in incident response by identifying the areas of weakness and anomalies in the network.
Now let’s look at what exactly the data loss look like; Loss or theft of laptops and mobile devices, unauthorized transfer of data to USB devices, Improper categorization of sensitive data, data theft by employees or external parties, printing and copying of sensitive data by employees Insufficient response to intrusions, unintentional transmission of sensitive data
For any of these data losses, the organization may have to bear with a lot of uncertainty. How do these data losses impact the organization? Data loss can lead to brand damage and loss of reputation, loss of competitive advantage, loss of customers, loss of market share, erosion of shareholder value, fines and civil penalties, litigation/legal action, regulatory fines/sanctions, significant cost and effort to notify affected parties and recover from the breach
When it comes to data security and protection, human factor is often the most challenging to control and predict. The result: a multitude of insider threats that can expose confidential data with just a single click.
Traditionally Regulatory compliance has been the primary driver for enterprises to invest in data protection solutions. However, new age DLP solutions helps you not only to manage your regulatory compliance requirements but also helps you to primarily secure your Enterprise workforce against Insider Threats and Cyber Security Risks. It is designed to ensure information privacy, Insider threat management and employee behaviour analysis.
DLP Solution is usually implemented by IT for the business with the close association of various business departments. A DLP implementation necessitates strong upper management commitment as well as support, full involvement of middle management, IT operation and business/data owners of various departments. What is interesting to note is that even today while most organizations are successful at filtering inbound malicious content and ricocheting unauthorized entry attempts, they are lagging with implementing technical solutions that effectively address data breaches.
How DLP-as-a-service works
DLP-as-a-service delivers the same kind of protection as on-site DLP solutions, also it ensures continuous monitoring and protection and it is not necessary for your expertise to manage a DLP program in house. DLP as a managed service is suitable for any organization and they can use this service at any time, as it is implemented anywhere and allows fast deployment and scalability. Overall, DLP-as-a-service streamlines and accelerates DLP deployment and integration into existing environments.
Cymune DLP Managed Service
In an on-premises DLP solutions, DLP managed services need deployment of network appliances or DLP software agents in your organization’s IT environment. Yet, all administration and management of a DLP managed services are hosted in the cloud, allowing both the organizations in house security team and the DLP vendor’s managed security team. In real time, the entire data generated by the DLP solution is streamed to the cloud, where the DLP vendors security teams can then monitor, deploy controls, and respond to alerts. DLP service vendors will issue reports and alerts to organizations security teams to ensure that they are kept up to date with any potential threats or incidents.
Protect your data from outsourcers and privileged vendors
- Organizations must deploy security monitoring and audit capabilities overall data silos which holds sensitive data.
- Routine data discovery is important over newly discovered sensitive data, this can be done with automatic deployment of default security and compliance policies.
- Make an agreement with the contractors and certify that they appreciate and will comply with company security and governance policies.
- Before deploying the vendor it is important to audit the vendor's cybersecurity framework and procedures and this has to be done throughout the contractual period.
- Verify the cyber liability insurance of the contractor, check whether they have coverage sufficient and appropriate coverage.
- Deploy and maintain an internal framework for on-boarding, monitoring, and termination of contractors.
- Incident response plan is very much important to address a data breach or incident as the result of a contractor's activities or negligence. Always keep an update on your Incident response plan
Cymune’s DLP-as-a-Service Business Benefits:
- Maximum transparency over every employee regardless of the organizational strength
- Protection against data compromise
- Full fidelity report of employee behaviour on digital assets and their productivity
- Full control over remote workforce and their productivity
- Protect trade and financial secrets from falling into competitors' hand
- A unique workflow analysis to manage access permissions for scattered employees
- Record and maintain live screenshots of employee crimes for legal proceedings
- Scalable solutions that range from protecting specific business units to organisation-wide coverage
- Domain Specialist GRC consultants for various industry verticals to identify business requirements and areas of focus