In network security, endpoint security refers to a methodology of protecting the corporate network when accessed via the above mentioned remote devices or other wireless and mobile devices. Each device with a remote connecting to the network creates a potential entry point for security threats. Endpoint security is designed to secure each endpoint on the network created by these devices.
Top reasons you need EDR
Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) tools are built to boost your endpoint security with increased detection, investigation & response capabilities.
Here's 5 reasons why you need EDP security solution.
- Maintain it security hygiene & hunt down threats: EDR makes it easy to quickly perform investigations across an organisations entire network landscape.
- Detect attacks that have gone unnoticed: EDR offers another layer of protection to potentially find missed incidents as well as searching for indicators of compromise (IOCs)
- Respond faster to potential incidents: On average, security and IT teams can spend more than 3 hours trying to remediate an incident. EDR can speed this up significantly
Essential elements of EDR:
Understand how an attack happened & how to stop it from happening again. EDR provides a visual representation of entire attack chain, helping your IT team to prevent a similar attack from every happening again.
- Console Alerting and Reporting
A console based on role which provides extensive visibility into the endpoint security status of the organization
- EDR Advanced Response
The advanced capability of analysis and response that offers extensive information of detailed forensics and automation concerning the security events.
- EDR Core Functionality
The facility enables effective detection and reporting about vulnerabilities and threats.
- EPP Suite
It is a package including the existing security functionality like previous generation with extensive anti-exploit, anti-phishing, and malware capabilities.
- Geographic Managed Services
An EDR element to provide services for a global enterprise security needs. Managed detection and response services are implemented to get data access feeds.
- OS Support
Effective information security requires extensive data protection by supporting all operating systems used by any organization.
EDR Best Practices
The following are the best practices that every organizations has to follow, so as to protect their networks.
- Ensure Absolute Visibility of the Entire Network, It is vital to establish complete visibility of the entire network, especially the traffic to and from endpoints.
- Regular System Updates, you must establish a regular period to push updates to user workstations to protect against the vulnerabilities within your systems and thwart attacks.
- Educate Employees, Employees are regularly targeted by cybercriminals to perform detrimental actions and divulge critical organizational information.
- Enforce Least Privilege Access, Ensure that every event is logged correctly and looked through promptly and periodically.
- Deploy SIEM solutions, It is often challenging for companies to keep track and manage hundreds or even thousands of endpoint devices and also anticipate risks that might occur.
Benefits of Endpoint Security:
- Achieve compliance to regulations, laws and standards that call for endpoint security controls
- Address threats to your endpoints proactively and enable rapid threat resolution
- Manage endpoint protection through a single pane of glass using advanced security tools and technology
- Streamline experience for enabling and customizing guest network access
Endpoint Security with Cymune:
With years of domain expertise dealing with any and every security concerns, we are designed to meet the unique needs of small-to-medium and large enterprise environments. We have the proven skills and expertise to protect your endpoints from today’s cybersecurity threats.
Cymune believes Endpoint security management is a policy-based approach to network security that requires endpoint devices to comply with specific criteria before they are granted access to network resources. Endpoints can include PCs, laptops, smart phones, tablets and specialized equipment such as bar code readers or point of sale (POS) terminals.
Advisory & Assessment : Analyze, Strategize and Architect DC Security through Field tested methodologies and proven frameworks by Best-in-class resources. Security Posture, Threat landscape and Risk assessment services.
Network Security Optimization & Deployment : Collect and analyze data for trends and exceptions. Review network security component placement and configuration.Build scalable, adaptable, easy-to-upgrade security solution. Deploy Next Generation Firewall / IPS, Anti Malware Protection, Data Loss Prevention, Threat Defence and Management Solutions.
Endpoint protection & encryption : Security Posture, Threat landscape and Risk assessment services.
Monitor your systems 24/7 : Fully encrypt data on desktops, laptops, files, folders and removable media such as CDs, DVDs, and USB drives. Advanced anti-x and threat protection, including optional virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) & integrated data loss prevention (DLP)